Monday, December 3, 2018

Amanda Beanie



Who knew that naming your work was such a task? I finished this hat more than a month ago but nothing came to my mind in terms of naming it. I could not find the most suitable name for this one. Amanda is a name I loved since I was young, and I think it suits well with this beanie. It is simple, yet beautiful.

Sometimes simple stitches make the most beautiful stitch pattern, this beanie is the example of that.  This is made entirely of Single Crochets and Half Double Crochet.

Materials:
  • Acrylic Yarn Medium #4 (RH Ombre & RH with Love)
  • H/5.00mm Crochet Hook
  • Scissors
  • Pompom Maker (optional)



Stitches Used:
  • CH(s) – Chain(s)
  • SC – Single Crochet
  • HDC – Half Double Crochet


Notes:
  • You can make this hat in one color or in 2 colors, change color in every round, except for the last 3 rounds.
  • Size changes are indicated along the pattern. Number of stitches are written inside the parenthesis as follows - (CHILD, TEENAGER, ADULT) 
  • The hat is worked in rounds.
  • Do not join at the first stitch at the end of each round just continue to work in rounds.
  • All SC is done in the 3rd loop of the HDC of the previous round.  Except for the last 3 rounds.


Instructions

Round 1. Make a Magic Ring, CH 1 and into the ring make 10 HDC. Closed the ring tightly and proceed to the next round. (10 HDC)

Round 2. 2 SC in each stitch all the way around. (20 SC)

Round 3.1 HDC in the first stitch, 2 HDC in next. * 1 HDC in the next stitch, 2 HDC in next.* Repeat all the way around. Join with a slip stitch in the first stitch. (30 HDC)

Round 4.1 SC in the first 2 stitches, 2 SC in next. * 1 SC in the next 2 stitches, 2 SC in next.* Repeat all the way around. Join with a slip stitch in the first stitch. (40 SC)

Round 5.1 HDC in the first 7 stitches, 2 HDC in next. * 1 HDC in the next 7 stitches, 2 HDC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (45 HDC)

Round 6.1 SC in the first 8 stitches, 2 SC in next. * 1 SC in the next 8 stitches, 2 SC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (50 SC)

Round 7.1 HDC in the first 4 stitches, 2 HDC in next. * 1 HDC in the next 4 stitches, 2 HDC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (60 HDC)

Round 8.1 SC in the first 9 stitches, 2 SC in next. * 1 SC in the next 9 stitches, 2 SC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (66 SC)
Stop in this round and proceed to round 11 for the size of a CHILD.

Round 9.1 HDC in the first 10 stitches, 2 HDC in next. * 1 HDC in the next 10 stitches, 2 HDC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (72 HDC)
Stop in this round and proceed to round 11 for the size of a TEENAGER.

Round 10. 1 SC in the first 11 stitches, 2 SC in next. * 1 SC in the next 11 stitches, 2 SC in next.* Repeat all the way around. (78 SC)

Round 11. HDC in all stitches all the way around. (66,72,78 HDC)

Round 12. SC in all stitches all the way around. (66,72,78 SC)

Round 13 to Round 30. Repeat Round 11 and 12.

Round 31-33. SC in all stitches all the way around. SCs in this round is done just as you normally do.  Fasten off and weave in all ends.





That's it, I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message in the comment box and I will gladly answer them. And don't forget to Tag me on Instagram and Twitter with your finished project and also like my Page on Facebook, Si Nanay Madel. I would love to see what you've done and Pin it also on Pinterest. Thank you and God bless!




XOXO

Imadylle
















Don't forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and more. Go check my Ravelry Store for more patterns. 

**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. This pattern is limited to personal use only.  Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my patterns. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated. Thank you very much.


Thought of the Day

December 3, 2018

The great work of redemption could be carried out only by the Redeemer taking the place of fallen Adam. — Con Ch. 5

45 comments:

  1. I love this beanie ,I will definitely try to recreate a similar one 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. My daughter and I can DIY this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So detailed and great!! I use to crochet and would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the beanies came out! Amanda is a really pretty name. I have been thinking about getting into crochet myself and I just might try to recreate this beanie. Thanks for sharing the tutorial for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very much welcome!! I'll love it once you try crochet... warning- It's quite addicting.. :D

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful and looks amazing, must say that you are very creative and expert in knitting. I personally find it very difficult, I don't have patience at all for knitting. Well done and keep updating us with your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shweta. I do try to keep this blog updated every week...

      Delete
  6. I look rubbish in hats. I like beanie hats though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I do think that anyone can look good with anything handmade.. ;)

      Delete
  7. Cute. This could be a perfect gift during this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hats. I have never tried to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have addiction to crochet. In the past three years, I wasn't able to stay away from hooks and yarns. Sadly, I haven't crochet anything the past 6 months. So, your post give me an inspiration to return to this beautiful hobby. I'll start with your pattern for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it's addicting for sure. I've been doing this since I was in elementary. and I am happy now that I can share the pattern to everyone.

      Delete
  10. Wow, this looks brilliant. I think I may have to add this to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely beanie. I used to do crochet works before but my current job won't allow me doing crafts anymore. All my free time is devoted to writing and maintaining my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my reason why I blog about crochet. so that I could still continue to crochet, at the same time do blogging... :)

      Delete
  12. That beanie looks amazing, and the material sounds like a really high quality, I might just think about trying to teach myself to make this, it will probably relieve my Christmas shopping list for next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... and it is satisfying to give something you made out of your own hands. :)

      Delete
  13. Such a labor of love. Great work ate! Galing pagkagawa 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these looks so cute. I will told my mother to make one for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is super cute. I absolutely LOVE it. I only know how to do scarfs. Might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool, and looks very cosy too! I'd love to be able to make one of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow really nice. I'll try it myself. Thanks for sharing dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for your detailed article. I will definitely try it myself. It will come handy in holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute hat! I wish I could crochet. I tried a few times but I could never really figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you are so talented. I like beanies and this is the perfect season for your post. I like crochet too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I just loved the blue one... You are extremely talented and your creations are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love crocheting too! I suggest you add a glamorous brooch and it will give a totally huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how detailed this post is! Thank you for sharing have shared too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty! this is literally the only craft I have yet to master, I am gonna try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

    ReplyDelete