Thursday, November 3, 2016

Suzette Beanie

I've been working on this pattern for a week. A friend gave me a very wonderful yarn. One that I haven't had ever before. It's Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Oxford Grey. I have never had this kind of yarn, just because it's so hard to find a Lion Brand yarns here in the Philippines. I love it very much so I was thinking of making a slouchy hat out of this yarn, and even posted on Instagram a WIP.
A photo posted by Si Nanay Madel (@sinanaymadel) on

But I was so sad because I only have a skein of that yarn and wasn't able to finish the project. It can't even finished a beanie, much more a slouchy hat. So I had to frog it and think of a new project for that yarn ( SPOILER! I found one and would post soon about it. So excited for that one)

And so I look for another yarn, long enough and soft enough for a slouchy hat. Good thing this locally bought yarn was good enough to be a replacement for this project. 

The stitch is called "Suzette Stitch" and it is so easy to do but an eye catcher. It is just a combination of single crochet and double crochet. 
And as you can see it's still not as slouchy as I want it to be. But then I am already happy with the result. If you have a better yarn, that can make it more slouchy go ahead and use it. My goal for this was to use only one (1) skein of yarn , but have I had more skein of the wool-ease I could have make that exemption, but no worries all things come together for good. So here is the Pattern of this hat.

Materials

Size
Adult Size

Stitches used:
  • ch - chain
  • sc - single crochet
  • dc - double crochet
  • sl st - slip stitch


Instructions:

Round 1 . Chain 80, join to the first chain. Chain 1, sc in first stitch, sc all around. Join with a sl st in first sc, chain 1.

Round 2-10. Sc all the way around. Join with a sl st in first sc, chain 1.

Round 11-24. Sc in first stitch, dc in same stitch. * skip next stitch, sc, dc in next*. Repeat * all the way around. Join with a sl st in first sc, chain 1.  Leave a long tail to gather up the crown or stitch it up to close it. The pompom is optional. 

Now if you want a more slouchy hat you can continue working up to your desired length. 

That is all there is for this pattern. So easy and yet so pretty.


So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 


**Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. ** 

Thought of the Day

November 3, 2016

Christ in us will meet the Christ in our brethren, and the Holy Spirit will give that union of heart and action which testifies to the world. - TC

2 comments:

  1. Thank You for posting your Hat's and Your Work is absolutely beautiful, I would love to try making one of these for my great granddaughter. Keep up the great work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. That is so sweet of you. Hope your great granddaughter will love it.

      Delete